Sunday, April 3, 2011

A bit of a brag post


But since I'm not the only one responsible for the creation in this post, I guess I'm not being too braggy, right?


A few years ago, we bought a new table and chairs from Ikea. That's certainly something I'll never do again. There's a reason why it was so inexpensive. That reason is, you'll have to replace the chairs not too long after buying them because they won't stay together, not even after re-gluing them several times.

We thought about buying new chairs, but I didn't want to pay all the money to do it. So, I came up with a better, cheaper solution.

Thanks to the help of my brother, Mike, his tools and garage, and about $12 worth of wood, we now have this bench:




We did keep the chairs that were still in one piece, but I don't expect them to last much longer. After all the crappy Ikea chairs have been thrown away, we will still have a very solid bench that fits lots of cute, little bums.



3 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Nicely done :) I love a good bench for the same reason, you can fit lots of little buns :)

Wynne said...

And they are definitely cute buns!

The Tavares' said...

That looks amazing!! We also have a bench with our table. I love it!! FYI, you can sit 5 little bums on one of those things!! :) Love you Miss Becca!